Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Inspire Me

Sometimes the people around you and you care of most are not in the same wavelengths as yourself and most of the time we are inspired by people but can only be inspired by what they do and not by them because we do not have to opportunity to meet them or something. I've learned you cant always rely on people to be happy when you are or to even understand you, I am challenged by that daily; but by being focused, tuned in and smiling all the time you get through it at the end of the day you are captain of your ship so don't get lost in other people's storms. I find it an awesome responsibility to always give yourself the opportunity to feel awesome and only as individuals can we dictate that. Throughout other people's problems or issues; I have the right to remain positive and I will give people that same comfort, their day doesn't have to be cloudy just because mine is. But for some reason this is one of the many thoughts I had when I found this Bolt of Inspiration shirt:
I see inspiration in a funny way as something you can plan out; by continued renewal of creativity and a high investment in growth and learning. Technically 2010 is still fresh out the oven and this is the best time to invest in something like an appetite to grow and the pursuit of a goal. I've told myself to be a curiosity freak and renew myself by having a planned passionate curiosity, how you ask?? Here are a few simple ways

*By finding new magazines to read and taking out and making notes of interests
*By finding 25-30 websites all new and all creative
*Doing shit when I'm idle and sitting down (do cool shit every damn day or die trying)
*Make note of cool stuff and review them in a notebook
*Stay in touch and meet new people
*Go new places
*Read new things
*DO the THINGS I'VE BEEN WANTING TO DO
*Find cool people
*Learn how to cook

I have to stop myself because this list goes on and on (i have a massive to-do list with way bigger goals) but what I'm getting at is that nowhere in this list do I depend on anyone in addition to that, inspiration lies anywhere in that list for me, I inspire me first then I'll look to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment