Monday, January 18, 2010

Ed Hardy: Onto the Fabric of Popular Culture







I'm sure you've all heard of this company Ed Hardy before. I mean I've never worn anything from this company in my life but I decided that since I make hip hop music and fashion goes hand in hand with what I wanna do, it was my personal obligation to find out what all the hype was about. So I did what any noble man would do in this particular situation; I hit up google and wikipedia LOL!

What I found out is The founder Don Ed Hardy, is an american tattoo artist born in South Carolina and was invited to study tattooing in Japan in 1973 where he became recognized for incorporating Japanese tattoo aesthetic and technique into his American style work.

In 1982, Hardy and his wife formed Hardy Apero Marks Publications where they published over 20 books including a 5 part book series titled "Tattootime" where they promoted and popularized tattooing to new audiences. He now has expanded far beyond the landscape of tattoos and on to the bodies/fabric of popular culture. I mean hip hop artists, pop stars and rock stars wear this mans' clothing


I will say this much, after doing this research I realized that I'm wayyyy too chicken to get a tattoo so I'll settle for the next best thing; my first Ed Hardy article of clothing.....COMING SOON!

HERE'S THE ONLY SITE THAT SHOWS THE COMPLETE DON ED HARDY ARCHIVE! CHECK IT OUT http://www.hardymarks.com/deh/

No comments:

Post a Comment