Sunday, December 13, 2009

New World Order


Growing up I loved wrestling and not ashamed to say it, I was entertained by it just like any other young male in my time even though I knew it was fake from the get. I've outgrown it now and cant stomach it because as I got older I realized its the same formula and redundant storyline and a bunch of guys in underwear on steroids; it was natural, but now I cant picture myself making sure I watch it every Monday or getting my brother to waste money on a Pay Per View like it was something different. 09 is winding down and I've found my self reminiscing about the past and stumbled across a picture of me in my nWo t-shirt lol, at my age now I realized and had an epiphany of the sheer brilliance and movement that it was and the magnitude of what went down. For a rival company to take a huge asset from another and breathe new life into it is just something to be learned; to take the truest pure good guy in Hulk Hogan (among others) from the WWF and bringing him to the WCW and turning him into the consummate heel and face of the bad guys was the biggest idea anyone in that industry could come up with. As an aspiring entertainer you have to learn how to brand your business and this was a pivotal gesture for anyone who followed wrestling, the nWo was edgy and tangled the viewer in between hating them but wanting to be them at the same time it was a movement but since it was wrestling the idea got stale and got played out but in the mid 90s the underdog WCW become competition for WWF though an innovative idea whats to be learned is I would not be embarrassed wearing my nWo t-shirt but the art of pioneering.



No comments:

Post a Comment