Friday, December 4, 2009

Formal Fridays

On Fridays we will feature the Formal Friday series a twist on the commonly known Casual Fridays. Now I hate the phrase Formal wear because its seems bounded to rules and sticking a conventional system; for example having a dinner party that requires "Formal" wear but thats me ranting (i just dont want ketchup on my dress shirt). Now I'm not saying I have no interest in dressing up every once in a while but I am kind of below average when it comes to doing it and working on this blog has unearthed an interest into diving into the world of formal wear which to me can be as complex as it is simple. To start off with are Polo t-shirts, they are usually my first option when it comes to special events; they are easy and are the closest to being formal in my closet and keep it simple. I think the polo shirt came from tennis or golf if I'm not wrong; its nothing but a t-shirt with a collar and two or three buttons under the collar and can be found everywhere and I use them for everything from dates to job interviews, with solid colors and stripped colorways that go great with sneakers polos are appealing to me and usually work out for me in formal settings.



No comments:

Post a Comment