Monday, December 7, 2009

Decatur Screenprint

My team and I are working on releasing a song by Willie Beamen and the title of this song is "Drowning". We plan to make a t-shirt as an addition to the goodies that will accompany the song. So we've really been looking for a company that could cater to quality and care while also reflecting a keen sense of creativity. I told my coworker at Glenn Schick Mastering Donn Aaron who happens to also be a member of this dope group named Romeo Spike about my idea and he referred me to Decatur Screenprint. So I set a meeting with Julia from Decatur Sceenprint and she really helped me take a step closer to understanding our vision for the Drowning t shirt. What I loved about our meeting was the variety she offered in the styles of t shirts she even had recycled t shirts, so if you are going green you can print on recycled t shirts and let your clientele know. I was originally supposed to interview her when we met but things got hectic so I sent her a quick Q&A and I told her I would include in this posting. So Read away t shirt lovers.

1. What is your name?
My name is Julia and I manage Decatur Screenprint.

2. Tell us a little about your company?
We're a printing company based in Decatur, Georgia.. relatively new to the local scene but have been printing for nationally-known St. Patrick's Day events for several years. Our primary focus is providing our clients with solid, fashionable products that they'll enjoy wearing/promoting, as well as printing in an eco-friendly fashion and building community through printing.

3. How long have you been working for Decatur Screenprint?
Since 2007.

4. What is about tshirts that makes you stick to this business?
For me, it's more about garment printing, not just tees.. technically, the evolution of the printing process has been very interesting, having gone from standard plastisol inks to water-based and discharge printing (all of which we offer at DS). That said, at the end of the day I enjoy most getting to know local folks and providing them with a product they're pleased with. And it's always cool to see someone wearing your work on the street.

5. List some of your clients?
Wow, we have quite an array... from dance companies to landscapers, high schools to colleges, computer stores to local bands, even individuals who just want shirts for their little girl's birthday party.. there are all sorts. Romeo Spike, Buffalo Creek Construction, Subaru, Awaken Landscape.. if I'm name-droppin, those are a few that stand out in my mind as superior clients.


6. Going green?
Indeed.. always working toward the brightest shade.

7. Any cool future projects you can disclose?
Classified information, cannot disclose. Sorry, yo. ;-) Suffice it to say that 2010 has a lot of excitement in store for DS. Hit me up in 12 months for a recap.


8. How can people get in touch with you or inquiries?
Call, email, smoke signals.. any of that is fine! Just get in touch. More specifically, check out our site at www.decaturscreenprint.com, or contact me directly at either 404.647.4833 or julia@decaturscreenprint.com

No comments:

Post a Comment