Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Lil Quickie

So I was in my closet the other day to pick out something to wear thinking about looking Faz (which is oh so dapper lol) and realized something that a t-shirt is the quickest piece in your get-up that can symbolize who you are. As much as I love shoes nothing can say “hey I love the Teenage Mutant Turtles too!!” like a t-shirt, with a shirt we have the power to express ourselves and exhibit a little bit of who we are as a person. I usually keep to myself around people but once I get to know them the lid is off because I love connecting with people, I’m the type of person who will have a conversation with a stranger granted they say something to me first. Nothing to me is more of a representation of who we are when it comes to clothing than t-shirts, I have an intimate love for my t-shirts it is a culmination of style, my character, what I believe in, representing where I’m from, expression, and I keep most of my t-shirts which sometimes reminds me of my drive to be myself and the phases life has taken me through. We live in a society that molds people into perceived roles based on skin color, location even to what music you listen and shit that doesn’t matter and I try to break out the mold people expect me to be in. My drive to be unique with t-shirt has taken me from high-end boutiques to the thrift store behind my job and all in all exercises my right and urge to feel creative. To me t-shirts are what separate Tom from Joe, Erica from Tanisha and we should all drive to express ourselves through t-shirts whether simple or complex we should look for something that is us; I know girls do it I swear every time I go shopping with a girl I hear “this is so you Faz” at least three times...

No comments:

Post a Comment