Friday, August 6, 2010

Formal Friday

Throughout my examination of formal style I think I've lost the sense of making a connection with the people who are into style and give it that glow; I don't want to be just a spectator posting up fashion shows but rather fuel my passion to one day be at those shows or even more just be able to use fashion as a way to channel my personality while I'm blessed to walk on this green and blue globe. This almost gives you a freedom to create and live in this world in a constant flow of creation and one person that examplifies that is Janelle Monae. Now I have yet to listen to her latest album sadly but I've always had my eye on Ms. Monae even getting the chance to meet her at Stankonia. Her style is imaginative and bold explaining that her style is her uniform and is her departure from the comfort zone people are chained to; just like her music a result of experimentation and expanding on her concepts her seamless transition from 1954 to 2799. Though her clothes aren't overtly sexy or revealing you can feel a sense of femininity because she looks bold and confident which creates a glowing charm, a transcendent examination that the mind can create which will give one freedom to be themselves.







No comments:

Post a Comment