Sunday, May 23, 2010

Nike Soccer: Write Your Future



This has got to be one of the dopest commercials I have seen in while and as I watched it two things went across my crazy mind. First it donned on me that the Nike advertising division has been doing it for years but you would hope so from someone as major as them. Nike's advertising focuses on the end result of performing, being active and of course just doing it; they offer a premier roster of world class athletes as the standard but also deliver the message that the common man can do it with their product and the end result has been some masterpiece print and visual ads. The second was a more personal feeling because what is being depicted in the ad is something we should all do in lives; seizing moments to write our own future. With the World Cup the moves you make can make you a revered God in your country or deflate their hopes. From time to time I see the two paths I can go down in terms of my dreams and where it goes if I go towards them or give up on them, this gives a sense of ownership in terms of writing one's future; the aspirations of a Champion or self-defeat..

No comments:

Post a Comment