Thursday, December 2, 2010

BLACK is Beautiful - Hydeia Broadbent




I meant to post this yesterday to commemorate World AIDS Day but this young lady Hydeia Broadbent really inspires me, she was born with H.I.V. and has dedciated her life to alleviate the stigma of having H.I.V which eventually becomes AIDS.

She's a strong black woman and inspires me to start making some changes especially in the black community when it comes to people understanding this epidemic which people are totally ignorant of.

Below is an inspiring excerpt from her website and a link to her website.

To Family, Friends, and Supporters!

Thank you for all for your love and support!

I could not do this without the love and support of my community; because you care a difference has been made!

I truly could not do this without the silent heroes in the communities around the world and grass route organizations; who put on events to educate people on HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention. It might be small but all small steps get you somewhere!

To the many people who have watched me grow, I thank you for telling your friends, children, and grandchildren that prevention and awarenes starts with a small step, talking about HIV/AIDS!

I have been in the public eye since a very young child and many have watched me grow into an adult. Please remember I am human; meaning I have tripped, stumbled, and fell flat on my face but I am standing tall now and ready to truly give 100% in the fight against HIV/AIDS; and helping young women with self-esteem issues and realizing their self- worth!

I have said this time and time again, I am in this fight because I truly don't want others to go through what I have gone through but also keep in mind, a positive test result does not equal a death sentence!

Hydeia


http://www.hydeiabroadbent.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment