Thursday, March 11, 2010

Formal Fridays

It's been chilly outside here in Atlanta but it seems like thats coming to an end, this transitional weather will have you wondering if you should wear a coat or a hoody or maybe a maybe a sweater for the night out. I was talking to my mom recently and I told her about this dilemma and she told me I should have told her earlier because she would have knitted me a sweater. Now my mom and aunt have knitted me sweaters in the past for chilling and relaxing but I remember my mom buying me sweaters growing up and me not giving them any play at all. But recently I have found myself trying to incorporate new styles into my wardrobe and when my mom told me about knitting me a sweater; I remembered years ago calling them preppy, a style that is very beneficial to have because it is formal and casual at the same time (oh growing up). There are novelty knitted sweaters out there that can be retro, fun and just different; they have a sense of belonging to a club like Ivy League or something. They can be spontaneous and give you some personality especially for the already lovely and unique women out there. Wearing a novelty knitted sweater says yeah I'm here for your function but headed straight to the party right after...







No comments:

Post a Comment